The company was established in 1957 as State Building Trust No. 9.
In 1958, the company continued its operations as Panevėžio statybos trestas.
In 1970, the Ministry of Construction of the USSR awarded the name “Model Panevėžys Building Trust” for introducing new technologies, excellent work and other achievements.
In 1981, operations in the construction of BAM (Baikal-Amur Mainline) were started.
In 1987, a joint contract was signed with the Ministry of Construction. This enabled the solving of structural and economic issues independently.
In 1989–1991, the company became Panevėžys Building Association. The association’s regulations formalised the property rights of its members to the newly created wealth. The association had a similar status as the present stock company.
In 1990, works were commenced in Cherepovec (Russia).
In 1991, it became the state construction stock company of Panevėžys. The authorised capital of the company was formed for the first time, where the state owned 77 per cent and the shareholders had the rest.
In 1992, the shareholders decided to preserve the existing structure of the building trust and not to divide the company into separate independent subunits which were then popular.
In 1993, the company once again began operating as Panevėžio statybos trestas SC. The company’s logotype was created.
After Vilnius Castles Directorate was established in 1994, Panevėžio statybos trestas SC began the works of renovation of Vilnius castles and other objects of architectural heritage.
In 1998, a quality management system was introduced. The company was given the certificate attesting conformity to ISO 9002:1994 standards.
In 1999, during privatisation, Panevėžio Keliai acquired the largest block of shares – 49.9 per cent.
In 2000, the company constructed and equipped the EXPO 2000 exhibition pavilion in Hanover, Germany. This was the PST’s first project in the West.
In 2002, the Real Estate Development Department was established, aimed at developing profitable investment projects in the construction of commercial and residential buildings.
In 2003, the company received a licence for design works.
In 2003, operations were started in St. Petersburg.
In 2004, implementation of the Environmental Protection Standards according ISO 14001 will be completed.
In 2006 - shares of PST were included in the Official Trading List of Vilnius Stock Exchange (Currently NASDAQ OMX Vilnius Stock Exchange).
In 2008 - PST implemented employee safety and health management system complying with the requiements of OHSAS 18001 international standard.
Due to financial crisis in 2009 sales turnover was lower but company was able to remain the biggest construction company in Lithuania.
In 2010 we opened subsidiaries in Poland and United Kingdom.
Currently PST is working in Lithuania, Kaliningrad area, United Kingdom and Scandinavia.